Do you know you how to dissolve ear wax quickly? Ear wax build up can cause you to have hearing impairment especially if you get an infection. Can you remove excess ear wax safely at home? In this post, find out more on how you can naturally dissolve ear wax fast with home remedies.
Ear wax build up in your ear can cause you to have a feeling of fullness in the ear sometimes coupled with pain. This causes you to have a difficulty in hearing which may continue to worsen if you don’t treat it. Ear wax build up can happen to anyone. However, it is more likely to be seen in people who have the habit of using hearing aids or plugs and headphones.
Older people or people with development disabilities are likely to have a buildup of ear wax. How is cerumen impaction diagnosed? If you have this problem, your health care provider can look into your ears with a specialized instrument known as an otoscope. Ear wax can be treated in numerous ways but some of these methods can be found at home.
Will ear wax dissolve on its own?
Ear wax also known as cerumen has important role it plays in your ear canal. It has protective, lubricating and antibacterial properties. A healthy ear canal should be able to dissolve its own ear wax. This is however, a slow natural outward movement of the ear wax and other foreign particles including dirt and dead skin cells from your ear drum to the ear opening.
Chewing, swallowing or even talking helps to move wax out of the ear canal from a healthy body. Some ears suffer from accumulation of wax; a condition known as cerumen impaction. There are over- the- counter remedies to alleviate the condition but a series of home remedies can help soften hard wax.
What will dissolve ear wax blockage
Ear wax from a healthy body gets dissolved on its own: a natural process on how to dissolve ear wax. However, there are over- the –counter treatment to help in dissolving hardened ear wax. Accumulation of ear wax can also softened by home remedies including hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, olive oil, warm water among others.
Caution need to be taken when treating ear wax blockage. Resist the urge to insert objects such as hairpins, cotton swabs or matchsticks. Such objects tend to push ear wax deep inside your ear canal and you risk getting bacterial or fungi infection.
Does hydrogen peroxide dissolve ear wax?
Can hydrogen peroxide help to dissolve ear wax? Too much ear wax can be problem in your ear, your risk getting infection loss of hearing. You can remove ear wax at home using hydrogen peroxide by following a simple procedure and precautions. It is important to make sure that you do not have an infection if you consider using hydrogen peroxide. Here’s how to use hydrogen peroxide for ear wax removal.
- Add equal proportion of hydrogen peroxide and water in a cup. Make sure the hydrogen peroxide is not more than 3%.
- Soak a piece of cotton ball in the mixture.
- Tilt your head sideways targeting the ear with ear wax impaction.
- Squeeze drops of the mixture from the soaked cotton ball. A few drops is all you need.
- Allow the hydrogen peroxide to move through your ear. After a short amount of time, you can tilt tour head back to allow the solution to drain out.
Hydrogen peroxide will dissolve the ear wax in a short while. You will begin to feel a tingling sensation as the ear wax is being dissolved. However, never try to use objects including cotton swabs or hairpins. Similarly, using hydrogen peroxide more frequently to clean the ears can cause itching or dryness in your ears. Some people may experience allergic reactions, always consult your healthcare provider if you are in doubt.
How to dissolve ear wax blockage fast with warm water
Can you dissolve ear wax blockage fast? Simple home remedies can help you clear the ear wax impaction. This.This simple remedies involves draining or removing ear wax from your ear canal. It may not appear as a risky procedure but if you do not know what it involves, it may go bad.
It is always important to find out first if you have an ear infection or not. This helps you to protect your eardrum from damage. Here’s how to dissolve excess ear wax fast using warm water.
- Warm water slightly below the body temperature.
- Fill a rubber –bulb syringe with the warm water
- Tilt your head sideways and pull the ear with impacted ear wax.
- Use the syringe to squeeze a small volume of water into the ear canal
- Leave it for a more than a minute
- Finally drain the warm water plus the built up wax. This is done by tilting your head to the opposite side of the cleaned ear.
- Remove the water and ear wax that has come out with clean dry towel or piece of cloth.
Warm water that is slightly below the room temperature helps to flush your ear and removes excess ear wax fast. The force and the warmth helps to dislodge the ear wax by melting it. While it might look easy to remove excess wax in your ear canal, always resist the urge to insert any object into your ears. You can as well use salty warm water to get rid of excess ear wax.
Best way to dissolve ear wax quickly
What is the best way to remove ear wax quickly? Excessive ear wax needs to be removed so that you can reduce the risk of infection and minimize the chance of having an impaired ear. While there are various methods to get rid of ear wax, some might take actually long time to get rid of the ear wax buildup.
The best treatment and self –care measure at home that doctors recommends is using ear drops. Over -the -counter drops wax loosening are available to help you dissolve the buildup of ear wax. You may try to use Debrox or Murine to soften the wax in your ear canal. Here’s how to use ear drops to clean ear wax blockage.
- Tilt your head to the side opposite the ear with ear wax impaction
- Put ear drops into the affected ear.
- Allow it to drain for 5 minutes while still holding your head to the side. This gives time for the drops to settle.
- Sit upright, the drops will drain out by themselves with excess ear wax.
- Use the ear drops twice per for up to four days or as directed by your doctor.
Debrox or Murine will help you to remove the ear wax safely in the best way possible. You can remove any ear wax remaining by gently flushing the ear with warm water.
How to dissolve ear wax home remedies
Do you have accumulated ear wax deep inside the ear canal? Ear wax can accumulate deep inside your ear to a level of posing a health risk and consequently loss of hearing. Do not be tempted to insert objects such as pins, Q –tips or cotton swabs, you tend to push the ear wax deep inside the ear and this can damage the skin of ear drum. Below here are some of the home remedies that can help you to get rid of ear wax blockage.
1. Salt water
Salt water is one of the best home remedy that helps to remove ear wax. It does this by softening the ear wax accumulated deep in the ear. Here’s how to dissolve ear wax using salty water.
- Mix one tablespoon of sea salt in one cup of warm water. Stir to dissolve the mixture completely.
- Soak a cotton in homemade saline solution
- Tilt your head sideways, this is to ensure the solution does not drain out before entering your ear canal.
- Squeeze a few drops of the saline solution into the ear.
- Allow the solution to stay into the ear for five minutes and drain it out.
- Use a dry towel or piece of cloth to clean the outer part of the ear. This will help to remove the softened wax.
2. Baby oil or mineral oil to dissolve ear wax
Did you know you can use baby oil to dissolve ear wax? Baby oil is known to help facilitate the removal of ear wax accumulation in your ear. Alternatively, in the absence of baby oil you can use mineral oil to dissolve ear wax impaction. Here’s how to dissolve ear wax using baby oil.
- Use a (medicine) dropper and fill it with baby oil.
- Tilt the affected ear facing upwards to the sky and put between two to three drops of the oil into the ear canal.
- You can place a piece of cloth or cotton ball to prevent the oil from coming out of the ear canal.
- Leave the oil to stay for several minutes
- Remove the piece of cloth or cotton ball and drain out the excess oil.
- You can repeat the procedure above two times daily up to four days.
3. Olive oil to remove ear wax blockage
Have you tried using olive oil to dissolve ear wax? This is another sure way of dissolving ear wax impaction in your ear. Olive oil can soften the ear wax quickly making it easier to drain it out fast. Additionally, olive oil is a natural antiseptic which simply means it will reduce the risk of ear infection.
- Tilt your head and face upward to the sky
- Use a dropper to put three to five drops of olive oil into the affected ear.
- Allow it to settle for about 10 minutes to make the ear wax soften
- Tilt your head downward and face to the ground to drain out the ear wax and the olive oil.
- Use dry towel to wipe the wax and the olive oil.
You can as well use mustard oil in place of olive oil to remove ear wax blockage in your ear canal.
4. Baking soda for ear wax blockage
Is baking soda a good home remedy for dissolving ear wax blockage? Baking soda is a natural home remedy for removing excess ear wax from your ear canal. You can use a solution of water that contains 10% of baking soda.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda into a quarter of cup of water.
- Use a dropper to put drops not more than 5 drops of the solution into the affected ear.
- Allow it to stay in the ear canal for about 10 minutes
- Flush the mixture with warm water using a rubber- bulb syringe,
- Tilt your head in the opposite direction of the affected ear to drain out excess solution as well the dissolved ear wax
- Use a dry towel to clean the outer ear.
5. Glycerin for dissolving ear wax
This is another common home remedy that can help you remove hardened ear wax. It has the ability to lubricate and loosen impacted ear wax. How to dissolve earwax quickly using glycerin.
- Tilt your head facing up towards the sky
- Use a (medicine ) dropper to put three to four drops of the glycerin in your ear canal
- Allow the drops of glycerin to stay in your ear for 10 minutes
- Gently flush with warm the mixture of glycerin and loosened wax out of your ear
- Use piece of soft cloth to wipe the outer part of the ear.
6. Include Omega – 3 Fatty acids in your diet
Deficiency of omega- 3 fatty acids in your diet is believed to be the cause of excessive ear wax production. You want to cerumen impaction in your ear? Start eating food rich in omega-3 fatty acids, this can help fix the problem greatly. Start taking high quality of omega-3 supplements or alternatively, eat avocados, flax seed, cod liver oil, salmon and walnuts. This is the convenient way on how to dissolve ear wax fast.
Here is a Video Showing How to Dissolve Earwax
Sources and references
- Ear wax: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/earwax-home-treatment
- Ear wax Removal With Hydrogen peroxide:http://www.md-health.com/Ear-Wax-Removal-Hydrogen-Peroxide.html
- Ear wax: http://american-hearing.org/disorders/ear-wax/